Position available – Mid-weight Graphic Designer
To trust, innovate and create equity through meaningful design.
Design by Bird is a holistic design consultancy, working to build brands, objects, graphics and websites.
We are a business built on trust, with clients who welcome our innovative approach. We partner with our clients, listen and learn from their environments, and create iconic, meaningful designs that build equity for brands.
We deliver on our promises and hold ourselves accountable to our core values:
- Be humble
- Be authentic
- Be design leaders, not followers
- Be divergent and question
- Trust the process
- Act with integrity
- All voices are equal
- Take pride
- Have fun
Design by Bird is seeking a Mid-weight Graphic Designer & table tennis player to join our passionate, collaborative team.
We desire applicants who can tick most or all of the below requirements:
- You have experience working in a small studio environment.
- You enjoy working within a collaborative team.
- You can adapt to working with a diverse list of clients and project scales.
- You have good time management skills and can work independently when required.
- You are a conceptual and don’t mind stepping away from the computer whilst challenging yourself and developing engaging creative ideas.
- You can communicate effectively verbally, as well as visually, and have experience presenting design rationale internally and externally.
- You can constructively receive feedback and contribute to discussion.
- You have initiative and can proactively work with studio leadership.
- You have experience fulfilling project needs from beginning to end.
- Your attention to detail is unmatched and only equalled by your skills and passion for typography, composition and layout.
- You live on the Mornington Peninsula or can commit to travelling.
- You are a pleasure to have around the studio.
- You are social media savvy.
- You are a wordsmith.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in design
- A minimum of 3+ years related experience in a reputable studio. Yes, we will consider exceptional applicants with less experience!
- Advanced technical and software skills. Adobe ID, AI, PS
- Thorough knowledge of the broader design scene
What’s the pay?
We’ll listen to you, so tell us what you’re worth, and we’ll be honest in return.
At a minimum send through your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, CV and showcase of your work (max 5-10mb). Tell us why you would like to work with us.